How would it feel if your latest and modernized toilet get blocked? The uneasiness of the water not passing or the accumulation of the dirt in your well-furnished toilet is indeed pathetic to bear. Well, none of us wants to face this trouble with our ‘most important but less-appreciated’ corner of the house.
But sometimes due to various reasons, the blockage occurs and thus it is necessary to know the procedures for dealing with it. But before we know the possible ways to solve this problem, we must know in details about the causes of toilet blockage so that we are able to find out the reason behind the nuisance.
Or else it might be that the blockage is in the pipeline and you or the plumber is constantly digging on the flush pipe to get rid of the blockage. That is why here in this article we are going to discuss the blocked toilet causes and then we will move on to the section of its prevention tips so as to prevent them from occurring the next time. Read onto find out more below
Common Reasons behind the blockage of your toilet
- Some toilets tend to be low flushed or low pressured; it might be efficient in saving water but most of the times the low water pressure cannot flush the dirt from the pipeline, resulting to unnecessary blockages.
- When you built a drainage, it might function well. However, with growing times and the passing of wastes from it, the passage of the drain might be filled with the casual wastes that we end up flushing, without realizing the consequences. The regular toilet paper, hair, foreign objects and other waste materials are thrown for a longer period are enough to clog a drain so much so that it leads to a Blocked toilet.
- Normally, people don’t know the difference between hard and soft water; which is a significant cause of toilet blockage. The hard water contains some properties which make it calcified and thereby accumulates in the drainage line making the gap of the drain shorter for the waste materials to pass properly whereas the soft water is free from this property. Continuous use of hard water as the only source of watering in your toilet may increase the chance of blockage to extreme levels.
- The septic system plays a vital role in the clogging of our toilet. The healthy moving septic system is brilliant for waste moving but when the action is slowed down, it leads to non-passing or blockage of the toilets. Moreover, baby wipes or other foreign objects that are thrown into the flush can be responsible for clogging the septic system which results in dangerous blockages.
- Other significant factors contributing to the blockage of toilets are older pipework, lesser water in the tank which infuses lower flush pressure, installation of S trap, low maintenance of the drainage and pipeline, etc.
Well, if at all your toilet gets blocked before you take the preventive measures, then you have no option but to hire professionals who have expertise in toilet unblocking. But if your toilet and the drainage is built new and you are free of all the causes leading to blockage then you must now the prevention of the blockage techniques so that you don’t have to suffer from the issues of toilet blockage at any point of time.
Let us now know these preventive measures in details
- The most common cause of toilet blockage is the throwing of toilet paper in the flush; you MUST prevent that to save your toilet from being blocked for no reason. The paper gets stuck in the pipeline and does not decompose easily, thereby causing the trouble.
- The usage of soft water is always advisable to save the drainage system from blockages as we read earlier in this article that hard water is calcified and reduces the drainage passage and creates a blockage.
- Proper maintenance in the forms of cleaning of the water pipe with suction pumps and toilet cleaners or checking for blockages at regular intervals also leads to non-blockages for a longer period.
- Changing of the old pipework and looking for rusts timely is a gateway to prevent blockages on the toilet.
- Kids are always in love with water and stuff which are able to hide their nuances; and what else than flushes to carry out the same? Therefore, keeping them away from flushing any hard objects in the toilet should be prevented to save the toilet from blockages.
These are some of the prevention acts that are able to solve the issues of toilet blockage to a greater extent but these must be maintained in a consistent manner to get the best results. After all, a healthy toilet means a healthy you!