There is always the ongoing debate between baths vs showers – which one is better?
Originally, none of us at ALK Emergency Plumbers knew the answer, so since we wanted this matter settled once and for all – and you no doubt do too – we decided to do some research so we could provide you with the facts.
Bath vs Shower Health
Mental health can be massively affected and improved through simply having a shower or bath and the temperature can ultimately improve your mood and mindset.
Benefits of having a bath
- It will improve your mental wellbeing.
- Helps people who struggle to fall asleep.
- Helps people who are experiencing depression.
- People who suffer from muscle spasms will find they are eased after a bath.
Benefits of having a hot shower
- Hot showers are known to help ease the feelings of anxiety.
- Another benefit when you shower in hot water, is that a growth hormone is stimulated which helps to recover any cells in your body that have been damaged.
Cold shower benefits
- Your body’s immunity is increased, with your blood pressure being lowered and your circulation being improved.
- Weight loss is stimulated when taking a cold shower.
- Antioxidants are increased which is another cold shower health benefit.
Bath vs Shower Water Usage
Ultimately the amount of water usage all depends on how long you spend when you take a shower, along with what kind of shower head you have, but generally, a ten minute shower will use less water than the amount it takes to fill up a bathtub for you to have a bath.
Bath vs Shower Skin Health
Your skin health doesn’t just depend on whether you have a bath or shower, but it is also dependant on the temperature.
Benefits of a hot bath
- Reduces inflammation.
- Helps skin condition.
- Assists in detoxification.
- Ingredients can be added to the bathwater, should you be experiencing problems such as sunburn, eczema and dry skin.
Benefits of hot showers
- The water pressure and the hot shower water benefits people who are experiencing sore muscles.
- The hot shower benefits also help if you are suffering from a cold, since the steam helps to decongest.
Benefits of a cold shower
- The benefits of taking a cold shower are endless for people who are experiencing dry skin, since the cold water won’t dry out your skin and hair.
- The speed of muscle recovery can also be increased by taking a cold shower.
Which is Cleaner a Bath or Shower?
The hygiene levels between showers vs baths are debatable as there are pros and cons between both of the options, making people questions about whether it is better to take a bath or a shower.
This is because while the benefits of a hot shower means that you are not sitting in a tub of dirty water, it is much easier to wash your hair and it is especially good for people who have had a workout at the gym, since it is more hygienic, there are a few reasons why people should also have a bath at least once a week.
The benefits of taking a bath are important, because during the process of you soaking in the bath, this is helping you to shed any built up dead skin cells, which are harder to get off when just simply having a quick hot shower. Meanwhile, since you are sitting in a bath filled with dirty water, it is a good idea to rinse off under the shower.